Water can be fun but dangerous. It’s important to practice water safety rules when swimming.
- Swim with a buddy in a supervised area.
- Follow the rules posted at a swimming pool or beach.
- If you get tired while swimming, don’t panic, just float on your back. Use slow, gentle motions and call for help if necessary.
- Look before you leap into a lake or river when you can’t see the bottom.
- Don’t just pack it—wear your life jacket on a boat. It’s the law! Children twelve and under must wear a life jacket on a boat.
- When there is thunder, always get out of the water immediately. Lightning is usually close by.
- Wear sunscreen even if it is a cloudy day.